Sunday 30 March 2014

Happy Mother's Day!


I'm a bit ambivalent about mother's day. On one hand it is really lovely to have the kids make cards, give me cuddles and express their love, but on the other hand it creates an expectation that I will be treated differently. In reality I am still woken up early and have to spend the day looking after children (with some help from the husband). I fear that mother's day and my birthday turn me into a bit of a diva. I'm wondering where my breakfast in bed is, or my lie in, or a special treat. Why have all 3 children climbed into my bed and basically pushed me out?

So its time to step back and just be grateful for life. I have 3 special little people who shower me with unconditional love. Despite the lack of lie ins I wouldn't swap my life and I'm lucky to be able to have these precious children. I got a 'best mum' mug and I'm still optimistic that my husband will make a coffee to go in it. We'll have one of our many fab family days out and appreciate spending time together.

Happy mother's day to all of the hard working sleep deprived mums out there! Enjoy your special day x

No comments:

Post a Comment