Tuesday 14 January 2014

Nobody puts Baby in the corner!


If you have more than one child, do you feel that your youngest gets neglected? This is my third and youngest child who is 15 months old. He has climbed up onto a pile of boxes (yet to be unpacked from our move 3+ months ago!) and he is reading a copy of 'English Grammar' to himself, since Mummy isn't doing enough to teach him how to speak.

My first child had plenty of attention and encouragement to sit and read books together, to make different sounds and to practice speaking. My youngest gets to follow his sister and brother around and learn by playing with them and them chatting to him. His brother always calls him 'Baby' and I'm hoping he won't be stuck with it for too long!

He does have a fun life with plenty of outings and loads of great games with his siblings. But, he doesn't get that same focused attention on his development. At home he follows me around and helps with the laundry and the dishwasher, or plays with toys whilst I work. He gets loads of cuddles, but maybe it is time to bring out the 'Baby Einstein' kit and get him started on some serious work :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment