Friday 24 January 2014

10 things I love about my kids...




1) All the hugs. My baby waddles over and rests his head on my legs, my 2 year old jumps on my back, tries to strangle me and says 'cuddle'. My 5 year old jumps into bed for a quick snuggle. They all make me smile :-)

2) They all look so adorable when they're asleep. My husband and I like to stare at their cute little sleeping faces and the funny poses they get in to. My middle child snores like a purring kitten, and my baby likes to sleep with his head firmly wedged against the side of the cot.

3) The way they all 3 play together. It varies from a free-for-all rough and tumble to more elaborate role-play games.

4)The endless repetition of books, TV shows and jokes. The theory is that if it was enjoyed once, it should be enjoyed many times.

5) They all make me laugh. My 2 year old has yet to learn the idea of being more than one thing. If you say 'you are 2 years old' he will reply firmly, "No, I Sur-land" (Sutherland).

6) The many and various dolls, dinosaurs, bears, toy cars and most of all rabbits that have been dragged along on family outings, strapped into car seats, fed meals, been pushed around in pushchairs and generally led a better life than I have.

7) The fact that they run everywhere. It shows enthusiasm.

8) That I can make them really enthusiastic about any dull old thing, just by sounding enthusiastic myself. "We're going to the post office!" spoken in jubilation with wide eyes and waving of arms.

9) The cutesie small shoes. They are fantastic.

10) Seeing the DNA of myself and my husband recombined to create 3 different but similar little people.




No comments:

Post a Comment