Wednesday 14 May 2014

Who makes you smile?

After 2 days of dealing with a fairly ill child (plus 2 siblings) and generally moaning and complaining at the world, the sight of my littlest ones happily holding hands put a smile on my face. Today I have grumbled at the doctors surgery for constantly sending me to a nurse practitioner when I ask for a GP (I did get a lovely effort from the reception manager who did go out of her way to explain their procedures), I have sent an angry email to Tescos after getting bad customer service (and bad food), and let the lettings agent for my house have some of my grumpiness too.

My poor middle child is unwell and has spent the whole day on the sofa, aside from being dragged to the doctors surgery again (and tescos of course). His baby brother hung out with him, and the two of them had a lovely few minutes of holding hands. It helped put a smile back on my face and remind me that parenting is all about raising these creatures who are our future citizens and (I believe!) are precious souls.


Let me know what makes you smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment