Monday 16 December 2013

Can I quit this job now?


Most days I feel like I've done OK. If the children are tucked up in bed, everyone is alive and happy, and maybe a third of my tasks have been completed then that is a good day.

But then there are days like today. Where the day is full of lots of tiny challenges which combine to push you over the edge. So who do I hand in my letter of resignation to? Where do I register a grievance at my treatment? Can I book a day of holiday? Er... no.

Right now peace reigns in our household. The two boys are asleep and my 5 year old daughter is happily practising her handwriting. That brings on the next wave of emotions: guilt. How can I get cross with them when they are so young and sweet. Was I too shouty today?

After a particularly busy day of rushing around, it was bath-time that really did me in. My youngest who is just over a year old came out of the bath first, but it was a bit early for bed, so he roamed free around the upstairs. His game of choice was 'lets find clothes and throw them all in the bathtub or the toilet.' He was then joined by his 2 1/2 yr old brother who decided to play 'lets throw enormous quantities of water out of the bath onto the floor'. There was much tantrum-ing etc when the incorrect pyjamas were offered to said 2 1/2 yr old, but what really took the biscuit was when he ripped apart a brand new box of tissues all over the landing. Yes it doesn't sound that big a deal now, but I was none too pleased at the time.

So, mainly to cheer me up, here are some (old) pictures of them being cute!








No comments:

Post a Comment