Monday 11 November 2013

Back to life

Thanks to all of you who came and had a look at our wedding pictures! It is amazing to think that 10 years have passed since Mark and I tied the knot.

We had a really lovely and luxurious time staying at Abode in Exeter and enjoying some fine dining at Michael Caines' restaurant overlooking the cathedral. As a vegetarian non-drinker I'm always a bit awkward in restaurants, and I think we both felt a bit like we don't belong in posh places :-) We have become accustomed to getting stares from other diners as our children make loads of noise and throw food around, so it was nice to play grown-ups and have a meal out together.

I had 3 delicious courses of things so haute cuisine that I have no idea what they were, I got to wear high heels and lipstick, and I only spent the first hour worrying about the children (who were safely at home with their Nan).

Now we're back to the Monday routine of school and work. But, the anniversary was a lovely time to reflect on how lucky we are to have such a great family and how this is a life well worth coming back to.




No comments:

Post a Comment