Thursday 19 November 2015

Easy veggie lasagne

I'm not really much use at all this homely stuff but I do try and get a few vegetables into the children. OK I present vegetables to the children and then wheedle and deal my way into getting them to nibble a bit. This vegetarian lasagne is popular with 2 of my 3, which is as good as it gets around chez Hastie.


To make it I chop up and stir fry 1 onion, 1 carrot, 1 courgette, 1 pepper and about 1/4 tin of kidney beans. Sometimes I add brocolli too.

Once the veg is lightly cooked I add in 1 tin of chopped tomatoes and a dash of tomato puree. Then I transfer it all to a mixing bowl and blitz it with a hand blender until it is like the mush you feed to babies, ie no vegetables can be identified!


I then do 3 layers of veg mush, lasagne sheets and white sauce. There are great recipes for making your own white sauce but I use it from a jar to save time. So: mush, lasagne sheets, white sauce: repeat x 2. It should look a bit like this...


I cook it in a hot oven for approx 40-50 mins. After 30 mins I add some grated cheese to the top. I serve it with garlic bread to bribe the children into eating some of it.

I'd love to hear your quick and easy recipes for getting veggies into children!

No comments:

Post a Comment