Saturday 1 February 2014

Competition! And review of 'Heroes of the City'

Our family was sent a lovely pack from the makers of Heroes of the City: a TV show aimed at 3-6 year olds. We received a DVD with 5 episodes of the show, a nice big hardcover story book and 2 character toys.



I peeked at the package and then put it aside to look at later, but found it being sneakily opened and inspected by my eldest two. My 5 year old daughter and nearly 3 year old son both insisted that we look at it all NOW! They were very impressed with the toys (made from die cast metal) - one is a tractor and the other is a train. I decided that a quick viewing of the DVD before bed would be a good Friday night treat and so they snuggled in Mummy and Daddy's bed to watch the first 3 episodes. My daughter's view was that it was "fun" and she liked all of the characters. My son was won over by the toy train and tractor, and also loved looking through the book.

'Heroes of the City' is made by Swedish media company Ruta Ett. It is in English (with American accents) and appeals to both genders. It is about rescue vehicles who each get to be a hero when it is their turn to save the day. Ruta Ett have developed an app in which you can watch the shows, interact with the characters and play some cool games. I had a bit of a go, but it was an immense hit with my husband who pretended to check it out for the children, but who wasn't keen to let them have a turn :-) My eldest two both enjoyed playing the games. There are a few free ones and then others that can be purchased.

You can download the Heroes app from:
GooglePlay: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rutaett.HeroesMovie&hl=en

To win a set of goodies similar to what I received - a DVD, book and 2 toys - please enter your email address below (rug not included!). The winner will be contacted to get address details. This set will be posted direct from the suppliers so you must be willing for me to pass on those details. All names and email addresses will be deleted after the competition.


No comments:

Post a Comment