Tuesday 3 September 2013

Mummy & daughter day

My eldest child is starting primary school next week, and so we are finally here at the last week of our summer holidays. I have three children and they are fairly close in age with my middle one aged 2 years and the youngest 10 months. Since the baby was born my daughter hasn't spent much time just with mummy, even though we have all had so many happy family times together. I've written elsewhere in the blog about how her behaviour has been getting more challenging throughout the summer holidays. So, I decided to give her some one to one attention and take her out for the afternoon whilst my husband looked after the other two.


She was so excited when I first mentioned the idea, that she looked ready to burst! Our plan was a fairly simple one: take the 10 minute train ride to the nearest city of Exeter and have a wander round the shops followed by coffee for me and cake for her.

We spent a lovely few hours together doing not very much, but with me trying hard to listen to her and chat with her rather than constantly be distracted by other children / work / housework. Her comment on the way home was "we didn't have time for much fun today did we because we had to do all that shopping!" So I guess there really is no pleasing some people :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment