Friday 14 June 2013

Haircuts at Nippers in Exeter

I wrote before about the trauma of paying to have my children's hair cut (do you pay for your children's haircuts) and this week I took them to a new place: Nippers in Exeter. I haven't been able to find a functioning website for Nippers but you can easily find their contact details on google.

I knew before going that it was going to cost £9.95 per child, so I viewed it as a (possibly one off) afternoon's outing. The experience was great though, and I could see where the money is going. Nippers is a hairdressers which only serves children and so is set up to be a child-friendly environment. There is a waiting area with toys and all of the salon seats are wooden toys. My daughter sat on a horse and my son sat inside a car. There is a choice of kids DVDs to put on during the haircut to keep them still and happy, and they received a balloon and a few chocolate raisins at the end.

I don't begrudge them the money charged, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to part with that kind of cash on a regular basis. The haircuts were good though, and the children loved the experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment