Sunday 26 May 2013

Is doing your laundry a full time job?

I'm definitely getting old. For my upcoming 34th birthday I'm getting a TUMBLE DRYER (yes I'm shouting) and I'm very excited.

In the past I used to consider spending money on myself to include such treats as a haircut, new clothes, shoes etc. Now, a treat is a (hopefully) fantastic device designed to spit out dry clothes for all of the family.

With 5 of us in the family we get through around 3 loads of laundry a day. That includes cloth nappies, daily changes of bedding for a toddler and an endless supply of un-paired socks. With a baby in the house I'm also washing even my jeans and cardigans after every use. And then there are towels, chair cushions, ballet and swimming costumes. You get the picture.

We have 3 drying racks permanently on display in the dining room, and without either the sun shining or the heating on everything takes 2-3 days to dry. So, like a 1950's housewife I'm looking forward to a labour saving device. My Mum is enabling this treat, although she insisted that I have a rotary dryer for the garden as well, just in case I would rather stand for an hour pegging all my clothes outside than move them from the washing machine to the tumble dryer.

For anyone who has read this far, well done. This topic will either bore you completely or be of the utmost relevance to your life :-) I'll keep you updated on the progress of the dryer!


1 comment:

  1. I promise it won't take you an hour to peg out the washing - unless you decide to peg out the children aswell. In which case you might just get to grab a hot cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete