Tuesday 19 March 2013

10 reasons I love working from home

Working from home isn't always easy. I can rarely sit and focus without a child climbing into my lap / crying for milk / deleting my work. They are very good at making me feel guilty for neglecting them, but the reality is that I am able to be there for them a lot of the time. So here's my list...

1) I can work in my pyjamas - although I feel the need to get dressed before the postman arrives!
2) I can fit my work around other commitments. I'm able to meet other mums for coffee or take the kids to the park in the afternoon.

3) I'm my own boss so I dont have to deal with any workplace dramas (except cleaning up after the mess made by the children)
4) My work is task-based rather than time-based. I can stop work when I have finished - no more sitting around until 5pm trying to look busy!
5) I'm saving money on lunch and coffee.
6) I can get the laundry done whilst I'm working - important when there are 5 of us in the family.
7) I dont have to find childcare during the school holidays, although productivity plumments and stress increases!
8) No commuting time - the distance between bed and desk in minimal :-)
9) I'm always in for deliveries
10) I can watch TV! OK that never happens...

If you haven't already seen it, please take a look at our maternity clothes and baby gifts website: www.serenity-baby.co.uk




No comments:

Post a Comment